a) The Parish Council shall elect Officers, who shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and two Financial Secretaries. Each shall serve for a term of one year and each may be re-elected, subject to the limitations of the offices of the President and the Treasurer pursuant to Article 27, Section 2 of the UPR.
b) Duties of Officers of the Parish Council. Officers of the Parish Council shall perform the usual and ordinary duties appertaining to their respective offices. The President and, at the President's direction, any of the other Officers of the Parish Council shall be authorized signatories on all financial accounts of the Cathedral. The specific duties of each Parish Council Officer are as follows:
1. The President. The President shall be the representative of the Parish Council at all times and places. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Parish Council and the Executive Committee, shall be subject to the authority of the Parish Council, and shall enforce all resolutions, decisions and regulations of the Cathedral. The President shall be empowered to appoint or establish committees, including the Nominating Committee, as he or she deems necessary, and to appoint or replace Chairs for said committees. The President shall be ex-officio a member of all committees, except the Nominating Committee. Committees will remain in place until dissolved by the President, not to exceed the end of the President's term. The President may appoint a Legal Counsel to the Parish Council and to the Cathedral. The President shall be entitled to require and obtain reports from any other Parish Council Officer as to matters falling within the duties of their office.
2. The Vice President. In the absence of the President, the Vice President shall perform all the duties of the President. The Vice President shall keep a record of attendance by Parish Council members at all meetings of the Parish Council, Executive Committee and Parish Assembly. The Vice President shall also perform such other duties as may be imposed upon him or her by the Parish Council at any general or special meeting.
3. The Secretary. The Secretary shall keep accurate minutes, records, documents, and papers of the Cathedral in such place as shall be designated by the Parish Council and such records shall at all times be available to the Parish Council and parishioners in good standing. The Secretary shall be present at all meetings, record in minutes all resolutions and proceedings of said meetings, and then shall insure that all such minutes are properly approved by the Parish Council and made part of the permanent records of the Cathedral. The Secretary shall give notice of all meeting dates of the Parish Council and the Parish Assemblies. The Secretary shall attest all papers, contracts and correspondence of the Cathedral.
4. The Treasurer. The Treasurer shall receive all monies payable to the Cathedral and shall deposit same in the name of the Cathedral. The Treasurer shall ensure that all expenditures that are approved by the Parish Council are paid, make any necessary bank withdrawals, issue receipts for monies received, and reconcile bank statements. The Treasurer shall present a detailed statement of the financial condition of the Cathedral at each monthly meeting of the Parish Council. The Treasurer shall present a detailed report of the Cathedral's financial statements for the preceding fiscal year at the Parish Assembly. Auditors elected by the Parish Assembly shall audit this report. The Treasurer shall sign all checks or otherwise insure that all checks are properly signed by at least two authorized signatories.
5. The Financial Secretaries. The Financial Secretaries shall have the obligation to receive and scrutinize all claims for payment, and shall report and recommend action thereon to the Parish Council. They shall maintain journals and ledgers, issue receipts in the absence of the Treasurer, record all monies payable to the Cathedral, make deposits and generally assist the Treasurer as needed, and otherwise perform all duties requested by the President or the Treasurer.
c) The Executive Committee of the Cathedral.
1. All duly elected Officers of the Parish Council, the three most recent eligible Past Presidents and the head Priest shall be members of the Executive Committee of the Cathedral. In addition, the President shall have the prerogative to include as a member of the Executive Committee the Legal Counsel to the Parish Council, who shall have the same privileges as the other members, providing he is a steward in good standing of the Cathedral.
2. It shall be the duty of the Executive Committee to supervise generally all the activities and operations under the jurisdiction of the Parish Council and to recommend to the Parish Council such changes for the administration of the affairs of the Cathedral as it may deem advisable.
3. The President of the Parish Council shall serve as Chair of the Executive Committee.
4. The Executive Committee shall hold one regular monthly meeting on a meeting date to be determined at its first meeting of the calendar year. A special meeting may be called by any member of the committee on 24 hours notice. The President shall be empowered to cancel a monthly meeting, if in his or her discretion there is no necessity for a meeting.
d) Vacancy of the Offices of Parish Council Officers.
1. In the event of the vacancy of the office of the President, such office shall be filled by the Vice President for the balance of the term.
2. In the event of the elevation of the Vice President as provided in Article 27, Section 1, the Parish Council may elect a Vice President to fill the unexpired term, provided the candidate is selected from the ranks of the Executive Committee.
3. In the event any other office becomes vacated, the President of the Parish Council may by appointment fill the office for the balance of the office term.